Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax SourceCode 7

ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions 1.0 Source Code
Download

MS published the full source code to the ASP.NET AJAX product. The client-side JavaScript library has been released under Microsoft Permissive License (Ms-PL). This Javascript library is available to download here. The server-side implementation has been released under Microsoft Reference License (Ms-RL). You can download it here.

More Info : ScottGu’s Blog – ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 Source Code Released

After installing the setup file “ASPAJAXSourceCode.msi”, you can find the sourcecode under the following location.

%programfiles%\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025\Source

Problems in compiling the sourcode?
(I know. :) ) Please read this post “Build your own modded System.Web.Extensions.dll“.

ASP.NET AJAX Documentation
Download

You can also download the documentation of ASP.NET Ajax in your machine so that you can read the doc anytime you want from your IIS.

docs.jpg

Note: Please read “ReadMe.txt” for setting up.

AJAX Control Toolkit (with Source Code)
Download
View the Toolkit (Live)

[Videos] ASP.NET Ajax
You can find dozens of videos designed for ASP.NET Ajax developers on this page.

Cool.. isn’t it? :)

7 thoughts on “Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax SourceCode

1. Reply Freelance Cynic Feb 11,2007 11:58 am

Hmm, some of the technical entries here may confuse a lot of my readers, they confuse me and I have a computer science degree! Your intelligence threatens me..

But your funny entries are more than worth a link. :) so consider us link buddies.

2. Reply Michael Sync Feb 13,2007 2:38 am

Thanks. man.. I hav added ur link in my blog..

3. Reply Boris Feb 13,2007 7:25 am

Hello!

I have an OLE Object in my table, that may be jpg, doc, xml file.

In case of jpg I’d like to show it (VS2005 Visual basic).

I did next (not full code):

Dim ms AsNew MemoryStream()

Dim reader As OleDbDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.SequentialAccess )

reader.Read()

retval = reader.GetBytes(0, 0, outbyte, 0, bufferSize)

ms.Write(outbyte, 0, retval)

ms.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin)

curImage = Image.FromStream(ms)—-> error “Parameter is not valid.”

I do not see the fault. Please help.

Note: Removed from Guest Book. ~Mike.

4. Reply Michael Sync Feb 13,2007 7:30 am

Hi Boris ,

Note: Please dont post any question in GuestBook page. Thanks.

I was also facing that problem. after some time, i found the solution to solve that prob. I also discussed with some people about that probs in DevX forum. Plz chk it out.

If that solution doesn’t work for you then let me know which format type you are using for storing in db. Note that if you are saving bmp then you hav to remove some parts from binary file.

maybe.. you may attach ur database with some sample data. i will take a look when i hav some time…

5. Reply jared Jun 18,2007 11:16 pm

Hey Mike,

The link to “Build your own modded System.Web.Extensions.dll” doesn’t seem to be working anymore. I’m running into some problems when trying to compile the source code. Do you happen to remember any of the highlights from that article?

thanks,

jared

6. Reply caty Sep 10,2007 4:18 pm

my site is in production now dlslive.com, but for some reason when i compile through FTP, it didnt work like before, i dont know what is happen, bec the code is the same, i didnt change anything, the files are in the server in other machine, i work in mine but with ftp i work remote with the files, i think the problem was when i compile before that it was ok, HELP???

7. Reply Michael Sync Sep 11,2007 1:20 am

AFAIK, Ajax assembly need to install to GAC of that machine. If your server is not dedicated one, you will need to talk with hosting company to install Ajax in their server….

I recommended you to try discountasp.net for ASP.NET ajax web site….