(Links) – Silverlight 2/WPF Tutorials
I’m sorry that I’m not able to post any new post in my blog during these days. Because, those tutorials below eat all of my free time lately. but yes, those are petty good. You should read if you have some free time.
Silverlight 2.0 – Tutorials
Those tutorials are the first and earliest tutorials for Silverlight 2.0 that will be released next month. There is no sourcecode attached in those tutorials but it will be added once SL 2.0 is released. Yes, SL become more like WPF. :)
- Part 1: Creating “Hello World” with Silverlight 2 and VS 2008
- Part 2: Using Layout Management
- Part 3: Using Networking to Retrieve Data and Populate a DataGrid
- Part 4: Using Style Elements to Better Encapsulate Look and Feel
- Part 5: Using the ListBox and DataBinding to Display List Data
- Part 6: Using User Controls to Implement Master/Details Scenarios
- Part 7: Using Templates to Customize Control Look and Feel
- Part 8: Creating a Digg Desktop Version of our Application using WPF
WPF: A Beginner’s Guide
Those following tutorials are written by Sacha Barber, one of my favorite writes from Codeproject. He is awarded MVP (Most Valuable Professional) from Microsoft and MVP from Codeproject. He wrote a lot of award-winning articles in Codeproject.
- XAML vs Code / Markup Extensions And Resources (next article)
- Commands and Events
- Dependency Properties
WPF Business Application Series
- Part 1 Application Structure, Skinning & Custom ToolBar Button Control
- Part 2 Form Notification Control That Binds To IDataErrorInfo.Error Property
- Part 3 Business Object Declarative Programming; How To Implement Object Validation & Logging
- Part 4 Business Object Declarative Programming; How The Business Entity Base Class Work
- Part 5 Business Object Declarative Programming; Dynamic Form Control
- Part 6 Exception Handling and Logging
- Part 7 Loading Menus & ToolBar From Object Source & Application Security
- Part 8 Business Application MDI
- Part 9 Displaying SQL Server Reporting Services Reports In WPF
- Part 10 Complete Layered WPF Business Application
- Part 11 Complete Layered ASP.NET Business Application
A Guided Tour of WPF
- Part 1 (XAML): Learn about XAML and how it is used in WPF applications.
- Part 2 (Layout): Learn about layout panels and how they are used to construct user interfaces.
- Part 3 (Data binding): Learn how WPF data binding works and how it can be used.
- Part 4 (Data templates and triggers): Learn how data templates and triggers work and how they can be used.
- Part 5 (Styles): Learn about how UIs can be styled in WPF.
Plus, I’m also reading WPF – Unleashed book. I think that this book is also good one. If you are interested in learning WPF, I would recommend you this book. but only one thing. that books doesn’t focus on VS 2008 since it has been published before VS 2008 releases.