This post is just a tip for those who are not able to find DataGrid in Expression Blend 2.5 (March 2008 Preview). Laurent Duveau asked this question in Silverlight forum. I tried to find this solution and replied him in this post.
No datagrid in Blend 2.5? Yes, Silverlight Datagrid doesn’t show by default in the toolbox of Blend. The controls that you see on that toolbox are from System.Windows.Controls namespace. Silverlight Datagrid is NOT under that namespace. So, Datagrd is under which namespace? That control is under System.Windows.Controls.Data namespace. Okay. How to add Datagrid control to toolbox? Yes. This is the reason why I wrote this post. Please keep on reading further. I will tell you the step-by-step as below.
1. Expand the “Reference” node in Expression Blend to check whether System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll is already referenced in the project or not.
2. If that dll is not there then right-click on the “References” node and select “Add Reference”
3. Go to the Silverlight SDK folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Client) . Select “System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll” to add as a reference in your Blend project.
4. Click on “Asset Library” as shown in picture below
5. Click “Show All” and Select “Datagrid” in Asset Library
6. Finally, you got the Datagrid control on toolbox as you want.
Yes.. Good Job! you have successfully added the Datagrid control to Blend. :)