If you are using SlowCheetah + ClickOnce in your project,
Error 1 Could not copy the file “bin\Release\ConsoleApplication6.exe.config” because it was not found. ConsoleApplication6
Steps to replicate
- Create a console application in VS 2012
- Add transformation to your config. (If you already have SlowCheatah tool installed, it will automatically download the SlowCheetah package from nuget. Otherwise, please add it manually)
- Publish (Observe: It will work)
- After publishing, please try to build or publish again. (Observe: You will see the error above.)
- Delete “app.manifest” under “Properties” in Solution Explorer.
- If you don’t see that file, go to Properties -> Security and check/uncheck “Enable Clickonce security setting”. It will re-generate that manifest file.
- Note: If you are a ClickOnce user, you might check this project “Shimmer (It’s like ClickOnce but Works™)” as well.